20th December 2007
Life in the Real World
At La Trobe your Lending Sales Team believes in hard work. We know we can't just expect your business - we have to earn it.
Everyone has to earn respect and work for success. It is a very competitive environment for everybody, and the best lessons about achieving success are not often taught, but discovered in reality.
Our 55 year history and non securitised, balance sheet funding model, means that we are as busy as ever to deliver to you and your clients the service and satisfaction of speedy and timely settlements.
While Bill Gates offered some pearls of wisdom to the youth of the U.S., we believe that respect and trust is earned through hard work and client satisfaction.
Here are just a few of Bill's pearls...
- Life is not fair - get used to it.
- The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.
- You will NOT make 40 thousand dollars a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice president with a car phone, until you earn both.
- If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss. He doesn't have a tenure.
- Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping - they called it opportunity.
- If you mess up, it's not your parents fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.
- Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.
- Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as many times as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.
- Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.
- Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
They are very interesting considering the issues we all face as employers, and some of us as parents; we hope they bring a smile to your face.
We again wish you a festive and safe holiday season and very good fortune in 2008.
> About Us
> Login - Product Guide
> Loan Applications
> Loan Products
> Partner Portal
> Privacy Charter
Head of Lending
Iain Pepper is a Vice-President and the Head of Lending for the La Trobe Group.Read full profile here.
La Trobe is one of Australia's leading independent specialist mortgage Financiers. Its business includes residential mortgages, commercial mortgages, and investment services operating one of Australia's largest Mortgage Funds under AFSL 222213. It employs over 145 staff and has raised over AUD$10Billion to assist over 100,000 customers since inception in 1952.
Copyright 2010 La Trobe Financial. All rights reserved. No portion of this may be reproduced, copied, or in any way reused without written permission from La Trobe Financial. Disclaimer