26th March 2009
The Importance of People
This isn't like other quizzes; don't bother getting a pen and paper. The point isn't the answers but it's really good - just read.
1. Name the 5 wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last 5 Brownlow Medalists.
3. Name the last 5 winners of the Miss Australia contest.
4. Name 10 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for
Best Actor or Actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of Grand Final winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headlines of yesterday. These are no second rate achievers. They're the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here's another set of questions. See how you do on this group.
1. List 3 teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name 3 friends who have helped you through a difficult
3. Name 5 people who have taught you something
4. Think of 5 people who have made you feel appreciated
5. Think of 5 people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name a half dozen heroes whose stories inspired you.
The people who make a difference in your life aren't the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They're the ones who take the time to care.
It doesn't matter where you go in life or what you acquire; it's who you have beside you that really matters!
> About Us
> Login - Product Guide
> Loan Applications
> Loan Products
> Partner Portal
> Privacy Charter
Head of Lending
Iain Pepper is a Vice-President and the Head of Lending for the La Trobe Group.Read full profile here.
La Trobe is one of Australia's leading independent specialist mortgage Financiers. Its business includes residential mortgages, commercial mortgages, and investment services operating one of Australia's largest Mortgage Funds under AFSL 222213. It employs over 145 staff and has raised over AUD$10Billion to assist over 100,000 customers since inception in 1952.
Copyright 2010 La Trobe Financial. All rights reserved. No portion of this may be reproduced, copied, or in any way reused without written permission from La Trobe Financial. Disclaimer