8 December 2014
20 Things Successful People "Refuse" To Do
- They don’t define success in a monetary term.
Successful people don’t define success to how much money they have. However, they tend to define success as happiness. Happiness can be defined in the form of peace of mind and helping others. Sure, money helps you to live more comfortably and allow more opportunities but it can never buy you “happiness”.
- They don’t commence a day without making plans.
Discipline and managing one’s time is more important than ever before in today’s technological world. By setting up “to-do-lists” and planning your day, weeks and months more effectively will help in achieving optimal performance.
- They don’t define “perfection” as their end goal.
Striving for growth and outcomes is far better than wasting time looking for mistakes and faults to fix.
- They don’t surround themselves with negative people.
Surrounding yourself with negative people only generates negative energy. Positive and optimistic people give you the inspiration and the belief, that it is possible for you to succeed.
- They don’t perceive difficulties as problems.
They confront obstacles as challenges and not problems and this positive outlook helps in accomplishing outcomes.
- They don’t let failure bring them down.
Learning from past failures makes you grow and experience life. It does not matter how many times you fall, it matters more, how many times you pick yourself up.
- They don’t let problems bring them down.
Shifting your attention to the action than focusing on the problem itself, helps you achieve better solutions to problems. This not only helps you think more positively but also reduce stress levels.
- They don’t let other people’s judgements affect their self-esteem.
By not allowing other people’s judgements concern you- will help you to focus on your journey. You do not need everyone’s approval. It is what you truly believe in that should matter.
- They don’t make excuses.
Being responsible for your own actions when things go wrong. Making excuses or blaming others does not make matters any better, but taking responsible action shows responsibility.
- They don’t envy other people’s success.
Being inspired by other peoples’ success is better than being envious and resentful. Everyone should have a chance of achieving success.
- They don’t ignore those they love.
True success starts from within. No matter how important work may be, it is always important to never lose sight of your partner, your family and your friends and they are so much more important in life.
- They don’t forget to have fun.
You should always make time for yourself. You should not focus on work alone as life would be meaningless.
- They don’t overlook their health
Everything in life starts off with health. If you do not have health, you cannot have life.
- They don’t set vague life goals
Setting clear goals helps you set plans and a road-map to achieving your desired goals. By having a clear life-goal, you are able to evaluate and help you get on your road-map should you become distracted.
- They don’t just talk the talk….they walk the walk.
Delivering on promises made and keeping to your word delivers reliability and trust. Breaking promises or commitments that you have made will only damage your reputation.
- They don’t let themselves become victims.
Removing yourself from situations that may allow you to feel like a victim. It is better to let things go and not to hold grudges. It is always best to move on.
- They don’t get stuck in the past
If you live in your past, you may not achieve happiness. Live life for each moment and you will surely be happier.
- They don’t resist change.
Nothing will ever stay the same. Resisting change only makes for unhappy feelings.
- They don’t ever stop learning.
No matter how old you are, you should never stop learning.
- They don’t end their days without feeling thankful.
No matter how big or small, you should always feel thankful. That is the secret to positive energy and a peaceful mind.
... That's Lending
Cory Bannister, Vice President, Head of Distribution
La Trobe Financial Asset Management Limited
La Trobe Financial is one of Australia's leading independent credit specialist Fund Managers. Its business includes residential mortgages, commercial mortgages, and investment services operating one of Australia's largest Mortgage Funds under AFSL 222213. It employs over 123 staff and has managed over AUD$10Billion covering over 100,000 investment grade assets since inception in 1952.
Copyright 2014 La Trobe Financial. All rights reserved. No portion of this may be reproduced, copied, or in any way reused without written permission from La Trobe Financial. Disclaimer
The following awards and ratings were given to the Pooled Mortgage Option within the La Trobe Financial Mortgage Fund and may be viewed on our website
Click to share
Please Note: This publication is for accredited broker use only and is not for distribution to consumers.
^ Depends on risk grade of Borrower
All loan applications are fully assessed to ensure the loan is not unsuitable and that we meet our responsible lending
obligations in accordance with our usual underwriting requirements. All features and interest rates are current
as at the date of publication. Conditions, fees and charges apply. This message, together with the La Trobe Financial website (www.latrobefinancial.com.au) and
all its contents have been prepared for general information only and should not be taken as legal or financial advice, and as
such the specific needs, investment objectives or financial situation of any particular user have not been taken into
consideration. Individuals should therefore talk with their financial planner or advisor before acting on any information
present on this message or the La Trobe website. La Trobe Financial Asset Management Limited ABN: 27 007 332 363 and AFSL No:
222213 is the issuer and manager of the La Trobe Australian Mortgage Fund. It is important for you to read the Product
Disclosure Statement for the Fund before you make any investment decision. You can get a copy of the PDS by calling 1800 818
818. You should consider carefully whether or not investing in the Fund is appropriate for you. The rates of return from the
Fund are not guaranteed and are determined by future revenue of the Fund, and may be lower than expected.
Investors risk losing some or all of their principal investment. The investment is not a bank deposit.
La Trobe Financial Services Pty Limited - Australian Credit Licence Number: 392385
La Trobe Financial Asset Management Limited - Australian Credit Licence Number: 222213
Terms, conditions, fees, charges and La Trobe Financial lending criteria apply.
1. Zenith's "recommended" rating indicates that it has high confidence in the manager meeting its objectives. The Zenith Investment Partners ("Zenith") ABN 60 332 047 314 rating referred to in this document is limited to "General Advice" (as defined by section 766B of Corporations Act 2001) and based solely on the assessment of the investment merits of the financial product on this basis. It is not a specific recommendation to purchase, sell or hold the relevant product(s), and Zenith advises that individual investors should seek their own independent financial advice before investing in this product. To view the relevant research information, please visit www.latrobefinancial.com The rating is subject to change without notice and Zenith has no obligation to update this document following publication. Zenith usually receives a fee for rating the fund manager and product against accepted criteria considered comprehensive and objective.
2. SQM Research - 4 stars to 4.25 stars - superior, suitable for inclusion on most Approved Product Lists. To view the relevant research information, please visit www.latrobefinancial.com This rating will not take into account your, or your clients' objectives, financial situation or needs. It is up to investors to consider whether specific financial products are suitable for your objectives, financial situation or needs. Research houses receive a fee from La Trobe Financial for rating the product.
3. Lipper Leaders Rating Total Return (Score – 5) Lipper Ratings for Total Return reflect funds’ historical return performance relative to peers. The ratings are subject to change every month. The highest 20% of funds in each peer group are named Lipper Leader or a score of 5 for Total Return. Lipper Leader ratings are not intended to predict future results and does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. More information is available at www.lipperweb.com. Thomson Reuters Copyright, All Rights Reserved.
4. Australia Ratings (AFSL 346138) makes every effort to ensure the reliability of the views and rankings expressed in its reports and those published on its websites. Australia Ratings research is based upon information known to it or which was obtained from sources it believed to be reliable and accurate at time of publication. However, like the markets, it is not perfect. This report is prepared for general information only, and as such, the specific needs, investment objectives or financial situation of any particular user have not been taken into consideration. Individuals should therefore discuss, with their financial planner or advisor, the merits of each rating for their own specific circumstances and realise that not all investments will be appropriate for all subscribers. To the extent permitted by law, Australia Ratings and its employees, agents and authorised representatives exclude all liability for any loss or damage (including indirect, special or consequential loss or damage) arising from the use of, or reliance on, any information within the report whether or not caused by any negligent act or omission. If the law prohibits the exclusion of such liability, Australia Ratings hereby limits its liability, to the extent permitted by law, to the resupply of the said information or the cost of the said resupply.